Shockwave Therapy gives consistent results in a very short time.
75-95% success rate.
How does it work?
Shockwave therapy eliminates pain right at the point of origin.
The point of injury is subjected to high energy acoustic pulses (shock waves). Since these shock waves are sound waves, there are no electric shocks involved in this treatment.
The body reacts with a strong healing response with raised local metabolism, increase capillary growth and tissue regeneration.
Calcified tissue will start to be broken-up and re-absorbed by the body.
The device generates a shockwave that carries high energy and releases it into the applicator.
These sound waves breakdown damaged cells and scar tissue.
INCREASED CELL ACTIVITY
This increases metabolism. The body then rebuilds damaged cells with healthy ones.
What ailments does Shockwave Therapy treat?
- Elbow pain: tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, tendonitis, repetitive strain
- Shoulder pain: frozen shoulder, tendonitis such as supraspinatus or biceps
- Knee pain: osteoarthritis, torn meniscus, patellar tendinopathy, shin splints
- Ankle & foot pain: plantar fasciitis, Morton’s neuroma, chronic instability of the ankle/foot
- Hip pain: trochanteric bursitis
- Myofascial pain: trigger points
- Chronic ligament tears/sprains
- Tendonitis of the hand/thumb
- Can be used on painful joints after total joint replacement
What should I expect?
You will experience a sensation of mild discomfort while the pulses help to break down scar tissue. The process is very tolerable and patients adjust to it as time progresses. Local redness will occur and in some rare cases, bruising. These will go away. There may be some increased soreness in the 24 hours following the treatment, but this is a healing reaction and should subside by the following day. The entire healing process can take up to 10 to 12 weeks but the result is rejuvenated tissues that are not easily injured as before.
How many treatments?
Most conditions improve or resolve in 3-6 treatments usually done on a weekly basis.
Request an Appointment
The fastest way to set your appointment during business hours is to call us.
If its more convenient for you, or it's outside our normal business hours, submit this appointment request form. We'll contact you to help you schedule an appointment.